Sweet Potato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 medium tart apples (about 3/4 pound), chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the next nine ingredients; shake well. Peel potatoes; cut each in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices.
- 3. In a 4-qt. bowl, layer a fourth of the sweet potatoes, apples and onions; drizzle with a fourth of the salad dressing. Repeat layers three times. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Toss before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 196 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet Potato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"Made this for dinner for 6. Everyone enjoyed this very different salad with unique and tasty flavors. Will keep this recipe."