Sweet Potato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 medium tart apples (about 3/4 pound), chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the next nine ingredients; shake well. Peel potatoes; cut each in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices.
- In a 4-qt. bowl, layer a fourth of the sweet potatoes, apples and onions; drizzle with a fourth of the salad dressing. Repeat layers three times. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Toss before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p31
Reviews for Sweet Potato Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2013
Made this for dinner for 6. Everyone enjoyed this very different salad with unique and tasty flavors. Will keep this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >