For a lovely side dish that goes well with almost any entree, try this delightful sweet potato salad. The sweet potatoes, fruit and nuts tossed in a citrusy dressing are a favorite in my home.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, orange peel, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir in apple, fennel, cranberries, pecans and walnuts. Add sweet potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Salad with Orange Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Sweet Potato Salad with Orange Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review