Sweet Potato Salad
When I served this salad to relatives visiting from the Midwest, I was surprised to find it was something they'd never tried before. It's a real favorite in our area.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 8 green onions, sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover
- and boil gently until the potatoes can easily be pierced with the
- tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain. When potatoes are
- cool, peel and dice. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard
- and salt. Stir in eggs, celery and onions. Add potatoes; stir gently
- to mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 360 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.