Sweet Potato Salad
My mother used to make this potato salad. We all liked it back then and now my family likes it, too!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper. In
- a small bowl, blend remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.