This recipe uses a convenient bread machine to create a batch of home-style rolls. They're wonderful served warm with honey and butter. —Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down. Divide into 30 portions; roll each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p35
Reviews for Sweet Potato Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review