Sweet Potato Puffs
EVEN children love this treat, though sweet potatoes may not be their favorite vegetable. The marshmallow surprise inside delights them.
These puffs are fun for a holiday meal and easy to prepare for any number at the table.
-Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (without added milk or butter)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine sweet potato, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon; shape a small
- amount around each marshmallow. Roll in crumbs. Place on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until lightly puffed
- (do not overbake or marshmallows will melt). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 326 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.