I prepare this sweet potato dish mostly around the holidays, but it's good anytime. For added convenience, you can prepare it the night before and just pop it in the oven the next day. It's a joy to serve this delicious fluffy casserole to my five children and their families.—Fay Miller, Denham Springs, Louisiana
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in coconut.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients until well blended; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Puff in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p8
Reviews for Sweet Potato Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review