Sweet Potato Pudding Recipe
“I’ve made this recipe for the holidays for years,” says Boise, Idaho’s Trisha Kruse. “I came up with this low-fat version and nobody noticed the difference!” Trisha’s family prefers this dish served cold, but feel free to try it warm!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping in a can
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until very tender.
- 2. Cut sweet potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Mash with milk and egg substitute. Stir in the brown sugar, flour, raisins, orange peel, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt until blended.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or just until top is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup with 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 205 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC