Sweet Potato Praline Swirl Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth. Beat in the cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger; fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture. Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Praline Swirl(15)
Sort By :
IT WAS GREAT
It was flavorful; however, the casserole with the crunchy topping is better.
It was ok, but I was looking for something special and this just didn't seem to be it. It was good, but not anything special to us.
I doubled the recipe except for the praline topping, it was perfect! Didn't need anymore than that. The family loved it and said it tasted like a dessert
Everyone in my family loved this recipe - it was delicious!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >