Sweet Potato Praline Swirl Recipe
Tired of the same old marshmallows on your sweet potatoes? Set this rich, tasty side dish beside the turkey this year and introduce your family to a new favorite. —Amanda Dalvine, Orange Park, Florida
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger with sweet potatoes; fold in pecans.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture. Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 340 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC