Tired of the same old marshmallows on your sweet potatoes? Set this rich, tasty side dish beside the turkey this year and introduce your family to a new favorite. —Amanda Dalvine, Orange Park, Florida
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger with sweet potatoes; fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture. Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Praline Swirl in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p49
Reviews for Sweet Potato Praline Swirl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review