- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger with sweet potatoes; fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Combine sauce ingredients; spoon over potato mixture. Cut through with a knife to swirl the sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Praline Swirl
Sort By :
"IT WAS GREAT"
"It was flavorful; however, the casserole with the crunchy topping is better."
"It was ok, but I was looking for something special and this just didn't seem to be it. It was good, but not anything special to us."
"I doubled the recipe except for the praline topping, it was perfect! Didn't need anymore than that. The family loved it and said it tasted like a dessert"
"Everyone in my family loved this recipe - it was delicious!!!!"