- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, corn syrup and
- butter to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Sprinkle nuts over pie; drizzle with caramel. Place a foil-lined
- baking sheet on a rack below the pie to catch any spills. Bake the
- pie 10-15 minutes longer or until caramel starts to bubble. Cover
- edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire
- Garnish pie with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 1 tablespoon whipped cream equals 512 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.