Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- MARSHMALLOW FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 jar (3-1/2 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sweet potatoes and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla. Serve warm cake with a dollop of frosting. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Marshmallow Frosting
Sort By :
"I make this EVERY Thanksgiving and Christmas--we absolutely LOVE it. It there are any leftovers, I cute slices into sticks, dry in the oven and serve a biscotti...GREAT!!"
"I was a bit hesitant to try a pound cake with sweet potatoes in it, but it was delicious! Very moist. The cake was still too warm when I put the frosting on so it pretty much slid off down the sides. I was serving it at a church fellowship meal, so I wanted to frost it instead of putting a dollop on the slices. Next time I'll wait until it's all cooled down to put the frosting on because the frosting is delicious."
"I had some mashed sweet potatos in the freezer that needed to be used and I chose this recipe. It was very moist indeed and not overly sweet. I used freshly grated nutmeg so the nutmeg flavor was pronounced and delicious. I elected not to use a frosting as it really doesn't need it."