Sweet Potato Pot Stickers Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- Additional reduced-sodium soy sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of one wrapper. (Until ready to use, keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out.)
- 2. Moisten entire edge with water. Fold wrapper over filling to form a semicircle. Press edges firmly to seal, pleating the front side to form three to five folds. Holding sealed edges, stand each dumpling on an even surface; press to flatten bottom. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, arrange pot stickers flat side down in pan; cook for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 4. Add 1/2 cup broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and steam for 6-10 minutes or until broth is almost absorbed. Uncover; cook for 1 minute or until bottoms are crisp and broth is evaporated. Serve with additional soy sauce if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 pot sticker: 52 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pot Stickers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.