Sweet Potato Pork Stew Recipe
I'm an avid recipe collector and have fun trying new dishes. Fortunately, my family doesn't mind experimenting with new tastes. Everyone loves the blend of flavors in this stew.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, toss pork with mustard until lightly coated. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- 2. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; bring to a boil. Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen any browned bits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- 3. Add the onions, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 30 minutes more or until the pork and potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pork Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC