Sweet Potato Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, toss pork with mustard until lightly coated. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; bring to a boil. Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen any browned bits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Add the onions, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 30 minutes more or until the pork and potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pork Stew(3)
Sort By :
First time i made it as directed, a little to sweet for our taste. This time i used a touch of honey and it was perfect. I love it for the crock pot too!
I make it at least once a month....easy and very healthy!!
My husband normally doesn't like pork, but he loved this dish and so did I. It definitely is a keeper.