- 2 pounds boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 4 to 5 small onions, quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, toss pork with mustard until lightly coated. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar; add pork and shake to coat.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth; bring to a boil. Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen any browned bits. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Add the onions, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper; cover and simmer 30 minutes more or until the pork and potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pork Stew
"First time i made it as directed, a little to sweet for our taste. This time i used a touch of honey and it was perfect. I love it for the crock pot too!"
"My husband normally doesn't like pork, but he loved this dish and so did I. It definitely is a keeper."
"Very hearty and satisfying! I will use a little less sugar the next time. The sweet potatoes made it pretty sweet. I used pearl onions instead of small onions quartered. I think they held together better and gave the stew an interesting texture twist."
"Is there nutritional information available for this recipe?"
"It was absolutely wonderful, we enjoyed it very much. I did change it a bit and substituted splenda brown sugar for regular brown sugar. My son says he can hardly wait for me to make it again."
"Fantastic! Two of my favorite foods in one stew. I halved the recipe (I'm single) and it is great. The next time I make it I may add one chopped tart apple."
"My husband loved this . Very good combination of ingrediants. I make this often,now that it is winter in MT"