Sweet Potato Pork Skillet Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the reserved juice; stir into skillet. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add green pepper and pineapple; cover and cook for 10-15 or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pork Skillet(5)
Sort By :
I actually used regular loin chops that were less thick. Then after I had them browned (really almost done), I took them out while the sweet potatoes boiled because I think that's when they would dry out most. Then I turned my skillet down to medium/low and put them back in for the last 15 minutes which was plenty of time to get them done. They were great, not dry at all.
I cut my pork chops up into small bite-size pieces for any recipe like this one to ensure the meat will not be dry.
This stretches the amount of pork for the meal as well making the meal more economical. You could also add a chopped onion and/or sliced & sauteed carrots to the mix to bulk-up the meal inexpensively.
The pork and sweet potato had great flavor but the texture of the rice & potatoes was odd together. I would make it again but with a few variations.
I thought this was good. My pork chops were a little dry. I'm going to try to make a sweet potato side dish based on these ingredients.
This had no flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >