Cut down on after-dinner cleanup with this one-dish meal from field editor Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. Tender pork chops, sliced onion and sweet potato make it simply satisfying.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices onion (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 slices each tart apple and peeled sweet potato (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil; place in a 1-qt. baking dish. Top with onion, apple and sweet potato. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pork Chops in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p11
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review