Sweet Potato Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Divide the batter among three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 703 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 124 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pineapple Cake
"This cake was one of several desserts I made for Thanksgiving dinner and it was the only dessert that completely disappeared before all guest left. I will definitely be making this recipe again and again and again..."