Sweet Potato Pineapple Bake
Not only is this side yummy, but it's quick because it calls for canned yams, I got the idea from my sister...I just added the pineapple.May Evans, Corinth, Kentucky
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Stir in the pineapple,
- pecans, brown sugar and butter.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375°
- for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 5 minutes longer or
- until marshmallows are lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 394 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein.