- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"No where does it say boil the sweet potatoes until soft. Then peel. There was little sweetness to the pie.I have been making pies over 60 years. These are just my suggestions."
"This is my first time ever making/ ever having sweet potato pie so I don't know what to compare with. I just felt like it lacked flavor, maybe more spice would be needed? It doesn't seem very sweet either, but maybe that's just sweet potato pie! For me it was just alright. My husband and his family loved it though, so that is why I gave it 4 stars."
"Excellent!!! My husband and our children loved it! :)"
"Best PIE we've ever eaten! It was so creamy and custard-y and delicious! I steamed the sweet potatoes by roasting them in foil, then I mixed all ingredients in the blender for a smooth, creamy pie filling. Great recipe, this will be a go-to for many years to come!"