- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"This Pie was BANGN:-). Used all ingredients and adjusted it to my liking. Baked 2 pies for my Aunt and Cousin and they loved it. Will definitely make this pie again. These hands aren't blessed for nothing. 5 star rating for my 5 star skills. God Bless :-)"
"This right Right here. Is just the boom. I've made this ,just picking this bu chance,,, and "who make the BEST sweet potatoe pie" Bam! This chick right here,,,"
"I used this to make my first sweet potatoe pie. Mine turned out amazing and I am so proud of myself. My husband said "they are selling quality". I did change the recipe a little....I baked the sweet potatoes so they'd retain their natural sweetness and not absorb too much water. I also added a half cup light brown sugar. I doubled the vanilla, cinnamon, and added an extra pinch of nutmeg. Lol! Great starter recipe, just taste and add until its where u want it to be."
"Excellent recipe! Awesome"