Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream
The real inspiration for this dessert was my craving for pumpkin pie. I decided to experiment, and this creamy confection was the result. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice. —Rebecca Lyne, Mequon, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 whole cinnamon graham crackers, quartered
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process
- for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container;
- freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve in dessert dishes
- with graham crackers. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup with 1/4 qraham cracker equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.