The real inspiration for this dessert was my craving for pumpkin pie. I decided to experiment, and this creamy confection was the result. You can also add cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice. —Rebecca Lyne, Mequon, Wisconsin
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 whole cinnamon graham crackers, quartered
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve in dessert dishes with graham crackers. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p75
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review