- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, buttermilk,
- butter, syrup, maple flavoring, cloves and remaining sugar. Pour
- over pecan layer.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook
- over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the sugar,
- syrup and maple flavoring; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until
- sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve
- with pie. Yield: 10 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 8 teaspooons sauce equals 616 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.