Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Recipe
This updated classic from Glenda Conrad in Shelbyville, Indiana combines two Southern favorites in one simply delicious pie! And canned sweet potatoes make it so easy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Beat in 1 egg, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- 3. In another small bowl, combine remaining eggs and brown sugar. Add the corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour sweet potato mixture into pastry shell; top with pecan mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC