Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
This updated classic from Glenda Conrad in Shelbyville, Indiana combines two Southern favorites in one simply delicious pie! And canned sweet potatoes make it so easy.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in.
- deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2
- in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Beat in 1 egg, 1/3 cup
- brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining eggs and brown sugar. Add
- the corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into pastry shell; top with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.