Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Beat in 1 egg, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining eggs and brown sugar. Add the corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour sweet potato mixture into pastry shell; top with pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pecan Pie(4)
Sort By :
How much mashed sweet potato do 2 15.75 oz cans yield?
deannebg: How did you know how much sweet potato 2 cans yielded? So, how much pumpkin - in cups - did you use? Tx.
p.s. I forgot to add that I subbed egg beaters for the eggs to lower the fat.
I took this recipe and exchanged canned pumpkin for the sweet potatoes. It was delish. My family raved. I plan to use it for a healthier choice this Thanksgiving.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Pie >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipes >