Sweet Potato Pear Casserole Recipe
“This is an old standby that’s always good,” Miriam Lavella assures from Kersey, Pennsylvania. The comforting side dish prepared with pears and raisins is not only quick to fix but has a delectable flavor.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pear juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 medium firm pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1. Pierce sweet potatoes and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice and pear juice until smooth. Stir in butter and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in raisins.
- 3. In an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the sweet potatoes, pears and sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 148 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pear Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC