- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pear juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 medium firm pears, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Pierce sweet potatoes and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender. Cool. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice and pear juice until smooth. Stir in butter and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in raisins.
- In an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the sweet potatoes, pears and sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until pears are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pear Bake in Light & Tasty October 2005, p55
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pear Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >