Sweet Potato Pear Bake Recipe
A friend made this sweet potato recipe when I had dinner at her house. I liked it so much, I asked her to share the recipe with me.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 6 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 3 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and reserved pear juice. beat until combined. Spoon into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Arrange pear halves onto top, cut side up.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, orange peel and remaining butter. Cook until heated through. Drizzle half over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining honey mixture. bake 15 minutes longer. Fill pear halves with cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 366 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC