Sweet Potato Pear Bake
A friend made this sweet potato recipe when I had dinner at her house. I liked it so much, I asked her to share the recipe with me.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 6 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice
- or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 3
- tablespoons butter, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg and reserved pear
- juice. beat until combined. Spoon into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt.
- baking dish. Arrange pear halves onto top, cut side up.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, orange peel and remaining
- butter. Cook until heated through. Drizzle half over pears. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining
- honey mixture. bake 15 minutes longer. Fill pear halves with
- cranberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 366 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium,