Sweet Potato Patties with Orange Relish Recipe
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar butter and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 12 oval patties; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place walnuts in a shallow bowl; coat patties in nuts.
- 2. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange juice, brown sugar and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in oranges and walnuts if desired. Serve with patties. Yield: 12 servings.
1 patty with about 2 tablespoons relish (calculated without walnuts): 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein