Sweet Potato Patties with Orange Relish
For something other than sweet potato casserole, we serve sweet potato croquettes as a unique side dish.They're easier than you would think to make, and the relish can be prepared ahead and served chilled. —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar butter
- and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 12 oval patties;
- flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Place walnuts in a shallow bowl; coat
- patties in nuts.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange