Sweet Potato Pancakes
Folks are sure to flip over these tastefully different pancakes! "They're a twist on the traditional potato pancake," relates Mari Krajec of Lindenhurst, Illinois. "Sour cream, onion and red pepper give them a unique flavor that everyone seems to love, I usually double the recipe because they disappear so quickly."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Finely chopped sweet red pepper and sliced green onions, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onions, eggs, flour, salt and
- pepper; mix well. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets
- coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes; turn pancakes over. Bake 8-10 minutes
- longer or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown.
- Top with sour cream; garnish with red pepper and onions if desired.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 pancakes with 1 tablespoon sour cream) equals 171 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.