Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Recipe
Topped with a rich cinnamon cream, these pancakes are an ideal side dish for celebrating the tastes and aromas of fall. — Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 cups shredded peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended; beat in sour cream. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, apples and onion; toss to coat.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press slightly to flatten. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cinnamon topping. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups topping).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC