Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream
Topped with a rich and creamy cinnamon cream, these pancakes are an ideal side dish for celebrating the tastes and aromas of fall. — Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 cups shredded peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon
- until blended; beat in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add
- the sweet potatoes, apples and onion; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.