- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 cups shredded peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended; beat in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, apples and onion; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press slightly to flatten. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cinnamon topping. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups topping).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream
Sort By :
These are yummy, especially with the topping. I did not add the onion, and I'm considering leaving out the apples next time time since you couldn't really taste them.
These were delicious but don't be fooled this is like a sweet potato latke not a pancake. It does not resemble the texture of a pancake but more like a latke. The cream on top really added the extra bang and you could also make the cream as a spread for bagels.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >