Folks are sure to flip over these tastefully different pancakes! "They're a twist on the traditional potato pancake," relates Mari Krajec of Lindenhurst, Illinois. "Sour cream, onion and red pepper give them a unique flavor that everyone seems to love, I usually double the recipe because they disappear so quickly."
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Finely chopped sweet red pepper and sliced green onions, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onions, eggs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes; turn pancakes over. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and pancakes are golden brown. Top with sour cream; garnish with red pepper and onions if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pancakes in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p46
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review