Sweet Potato Pan Rolls Recipe
This tender rolls are one of my brothers favorites so I make them often. Spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, they are great along side a wide variety of dishes from chicken to a bowl of steaming chili.Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sweet potato, butter, honey, oil, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 cup flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place in two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Pan Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p134
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pan Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >