Serve this refreshingly sweet side dish to your guests in separate cups you craft…from oranges! All you have to do is cut oranges in half, scoop out the fruit and fill the peel with the sweet potato mixture. It's a hit among our family and friends. —Melonie Bowers, Sugarcreek, Ohio
- 3 large sweet potatoes (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large oranges, halved
- 32 additional miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, concentrate, sugar, cream and butter on low speed until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup marshmallows and pecans; set aside.
- Remove pulp from oranges, leaving a shell. (Discard pulp or save for another use.) Spoon sweet potato mixture into shells. Place four marshmallows on top of each.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Orange Cups in Country Woman November/December 1997, p10
Reviews for Sweet Potato Orange Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review