Sweet Potato Muffins
Sweet potatoes are so flavorful so adding them to muffins was a great idea. The recipe make a lot but they are gone as soon as you pull them out of the oven.Diane Vick, Wilson, North Carolina
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, beat the
- eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in sweet potatoes. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and nuts. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°
- for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.