Sweet Potato Mini Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups ground walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the eggs, oil, potatoes and extract; beat until combined. Stir in the pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the sugars and extracts until smooth. Frost sides of cakes; roll in walnuts. Place cakes upside down and frost tops with remaining frosting. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Mini Cakes
Sort By :
Good Lord in heaven, is that total right?! I put all of the ingredients just for the cake into the Weight Watchers recipe builder, and it is saying 16 points per cake before you even put icing on it! That's close to 800 calories a cake, and there isn't icing on it yet! Sounds good, but I'm not even keeping the recipe in my house for fear the calories will creep out of it!
i certainly hope there are not 1,054 calories in this recipe there is a site you can list ingredients and it will give you nutritional facts will do this and then try this recipe
i'm sure the facts are divided by 12; about 90 cals per cake
exactly what im thinking! how is the calorie count correct???
I just have to write something after seeing the nutritional information. Are you serious? 1,054 calories? 127 mg of carbs? Is this accurate? If it is I wouldn't touch this recipe with a 10 foot pole!