"Years ago, I fell in love with the spicy flavor and wonderful aroma of this hearty slow-cooker recipe," relates Heather Gray of Little Rock, Arkansas. "You can serve the stew alone or as a topper for meat and poultry. It's great either way!"
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until vegetables and lentils are tender. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Lentil Stew in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Lentil Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review