Sweet Potato Kale Soup Recipe
If you're looking for a healthier dish with a difference, try this recipe from Tamar Holmes of San Diego, California. White kidney beans, sweet potatoes, kale and plenty of garlic flavor this brothy blend. "It's the perfect winter soup and has soothed me through many a cold," Tamar notes. "It's a cinch to make, too."
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion and Italian seasoning in oil until onion is tender.
- 2. Stir in the broth, beans, sweet potatoes and kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
One serving (1 cup) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Kale Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC