Sweet Potato Kale Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chopped fresh kale
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion and Italian seasoning in oil until onion is tender.
- 2. Stir in the broth, beans, sweet potatoes and kale. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
One serving (1 cup) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 836 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Kale Soup
"Thanks for sharing that! I am always using Kale, I love it. "