Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Not one person has ever guessed that canned sweet potatoes are the secret ingredient in this pie! It's so creamy and delicious, I'm always asked for the recipe when I serve it. —Susan Bazan, Sequim, Washington
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, pie spice, orange peel and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Add ice cream; process until blended. Spread evenly into crust. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 542 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC