Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, pie spice, orange peel and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Add ice cream; process until blended. Spread evenly into crust. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 542 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.