Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Not one person has ever guessed that canned sweet potatoes are the secret ingredient in this pie! It's so creamy and delicious, I'm always asked for the recipe when I serve it. —Susan Bazan, Sequim, Washington
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, pie spice, orange peel and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Add ice cream; process until blended. Spread evenly into crust. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Spread over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >