Sweet Potato Hash
Forget traditional hash with plain, ol' potatoes. Add color, flavor and extra nutrition with sweet potatoes! I recommend serving the hearty breakfast favorite with with BBQ sauce, ketchup, or salsa or two eggs over-easy in the middle. —Ken Kingery, Moscow, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red and/or yellow sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fully cooked chicken sausage links, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in oil in batches until
- lightly browned. Add the peppers, onion and garlic; saute until
- vegetables are tender. Stir in the sausage, thyme and spice mixture.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.