Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red and/or yellow sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fully cooked chicken sausage links, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute sweet potatoes in oil in batches until lightly browned. Add the peppers, onion and garlic; saute until vegetables are tender. Stir in the sausage, thyme and spice mixture. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sweet Potato Hash
"This recipe is delicious. We don't like peppers, so I left them out. I used Jimmy Dean pre-cooked sausage crumbles instead of the chicken sausage links to make it a little easier. This would be a good recipe to make on a Sunday to have for easy breakfasts for a few days."
"This would be five stars with the following changes: double the brown sugar and half the salt (2 tsp is WAY too much). I used Adelle's Mozerella Italian sausage. Delicious and a hit with the whole family (hubs & kids 11, 9 & 7)!"
"I served this Thanksgiving along side of a TASTE OF HOME celeriac mashed potato and a broccoli side dish. The sweet potato hash was the only item without any leftovers. The seasoning was a fantastic blend, so much that I just made a container of this to keep on hand. This was quite a nice change in the ole casserole type side. :)"
"Love love this recipe. My husband & I made it this morning for our bed and breakfast guests... they also loved it. :-). The spices are just right and do not overpower the sweet potatoes. Aside from preparing the potatoes, it took hardly any time to cook them. They held up great while we finished everything else. They are so tasty. We'll definitely be making them a lot more!!Parkside Bed and BreakfastDeKalb, IL"