Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese
I used to hate sweet potatoes as a child. Mostly because they came out of a can. When I heard of the many health benefits, I began trying fresh sweet potatoes with my husband. We like to make fries with different toppings like cinnamon and sugar, cayenne pepper and then we discovered how awesome they are with blue cheese. —Katrina Krumm, Apple Valley, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-in.-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook
- 12-15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning
- occasionally. Add preserves and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove to serving plate; top with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 246 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.