Sweet Potato Enchilada Stack Recipe
Mexican flavors abound in this awesome enchilada stack jam-packed with black beans and sweet potato. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato; heat through.
- 3. Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 457 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC