- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, chili powder, oregano, cumin and sweet potato; heat through.
- Place a flour tortilla in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Enchilada Stack(20)
Sort By :
This was easy and oh so good the only thing I would change I would add more filing can't wait to have it again Thank You
Delish!!!! A must try! The only thing i didn't add to the recipe is cumin as I ran out but it came out incredible. Love the sweet potato in it!
Have now made this about a dozen times. I use whatever leftover meat I have: pulled pork, BBQ chicken, etc...it just gets better with every attempt. Just made for guests and they loved too and asked for recipe. This may be my favorite recipe ever.
Awesome!! I left out the tortillas and it was incredible. So easy, so quick. I was hesitant to make this, seemed like an odd combination of ingredients, but it turned out great. I will make this again for sure!
My family didn't like the sweet potato/mexican combo. i thought it was a little bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >