Sweet Potato Dressing Recipe
My mother was known for this splendid stuffing. Now I enjoy making it for family and friends. The savory flavor complements ham and turkey.
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the celery, onion, parsnip and carrot in butter for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; add the remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Dressing may be stuffed into poultry if desired. Yield: 8 cups.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC