- 1-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Additional finely chopped green onion, optional
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-in. slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients. Serve with potatoes. Garnish with additional onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Dippers
Sort By :
Simple recipe and tasted delicious!
I have made this twice now, and my kids, both of whom complain when I make them eat sweet potatoes, eat these with little if any complaint. My husband who isn't thrilled with sweet potatoes, eats them like candy. I will say that I used Wegman's basting oil, which is a grapeseed/canola oil blend seasoned with thyme, parsley and garlic, instead of canola oil. As is, they are delicious even without the dipping sauce.
great diabetic snack
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >